Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Orientation Packet!

After two months of fundraising, as well as wavering between agencies, we received our welcome packet today from All God's Children! I tore open the package and saw this little girl's face; I melted. My heart cried out with joy because I realized LilyBeth is no longer just a figment of my imagination: She's so real! In fact, she's already born and living in an orphanage in China. Oh how great is our God!

Now we need to finish up the homestudy--which should be done in a week or two, send in the orientation paperwork and the fee (ugh!), then we will officially be swamped with work to bring her home. Can you believe it? I'm in awe of God's wonder.

After adopting twice already, I have no fairy-tale images of how this process will go. I know it will be hard, expensive, and emotionally draining. But I also know that God has brought us this far already and whatever His plans are for LilyBeth, we will support it.

Please pray for us to finish raising the funds. Adoption is very expensive, and although you get much of it back in tax credits, you still have to have it to move forward. I welcome any fundraising suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment