Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Running out of Steam

Thank you, Linny, for always reminding me to be grateful for God's blessings in my life. There have honestly been days when I feel like giving up. I've waited for nearly two months for Lily's surgeon to schedule her first of several surgeries--it still hasn't happened. In the meantime, I've struggled with weight loss, depression, homeschooling, and spreading myself too thin. To top it off, I am struggling with our church. It's so hard to leave a church.

Lately I've been pushed into a role that I don't feel comfortable with, nor do I have the time to commit to the role. I've expressed my reluctance, and I hear those in authority acknowledge me, but then they seem to forget and assign me more work. Ugh! I just want to scream sometimes! In this role, I've learned so much, rumors mostly, about our church that are deeply troubling. If ANY of the rumors are true I can't allow our family to continue to worship there. Seriously, no one should.

Then I read Linny's blog and I am refreshed. Her constant joy, even during the hardest times any momma should face, reminds me that God is with me--He is watching out for me. He will schedule Lily's surgery, and He will guide our Church, or at least the families who are truly seeking His will for their lives. And my weight? Well, it goes up and down, and that's ok.

I've also been struggling with medical issues myself--at least I think it's medical issues. My doctor insists that it's just my age catching up with me. I'm only 41--so I don't think there's any reason for my age to be giving me problems.

So, if you get a chance, please pray for me. I could really use some guidance.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, ask your bio mother when she started to go thru menopause! You will likely follow suit. I did as my mother did. That may help you understand what's happening. Love Ma

    ReplyDelete