Wednesday, November 10, 2010

LilyBeth's name

Ever since I was 10 or so I have wanted to adopt a little girl from China. In my mind her name was "LilyBeth". I don't know why I chose that name--I certainly didn't know anyone with the name, and still don't. But that was the name I gave her. Now, on our third adoption, we are finally planning for a little girl from China and her name will be "LilyBeth".

Today, I decided to Google the name. I've never looked it up before; sure I've looked up "Lily", "Beth", and "Elizabeth", but never "LilyBeth". To my delight, I learned that the name is a derivation of the Hebrew name "Elisheva", which means "God's Promise." Imagine my delight!

God put this little girl in my heart thirty years ago, and after two previous adoptions, we finally feel like God has called us back to China for a little girl. And if God is willing, we will have her next year....and her name will be "LilyBeth".

No comments:

Post a Comment