Sunday, May 1, 2011

Next up: GUZ

After receiving our I800 approval last week, I am expecting the GUZ number this week. I'm not really sure what that means, but I know I need it to get a TA!

Now that we are only about 10 weeks away from a travel date, I'm starting to think about packing and leaving my kids for 2 weeks--ugh! I hate being away from them for even one night, much less two weeks. But I am blessed to know that they will be in good hands while I am away, and so many people will be helping out.

My sister, Jen, and a friend from church, Jenny, will be traveling with me. It will be so much fun! Exhausting, but fun. I can't wait to have miss LilyBeth home.

We got an update on her health last week. She is doing well, and growing, but I haven't gotten an updated picture yet. That part is killing me! What does she look like? Is the orphanage growing her hair or still shaving her head? Is she potty trained? Can she talk? Has she seen our pictures? I have so many questions. But they will all be answered soon enough.

I pray every day that God will prepare her for our family and help her to bond quickly and trust us.

1 comment:

  1. hi sharon,
    we are happy to hear all is progressing well! your family will be in my prayers. are you familiar with Ladybugs and Love? i know they can send packages to your child and i thought i heard there was a way to get pics, too. we just sent a bday cake and the orphanage must take pics to prove they spent the $ on cake so that is a good way for us to get updated photos! blessings, haley

    ReplyDelete