Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Waiting for Godot


Me in a tree! It was actually pretty far up.

Who is Godot? I'm not talking about the play by Samuel Beckett, in which two people wait endlessly and in vain for someone named Godot to arrive--who, in fact, never does because he doesn't exist. No, I'm talking about the IRS. After waiting months for our refund we finally got a letter from the Taxpayer Advocate Office requesting all the same info that the review board requested. After reading the 10-page letter I realized that this "office" really just exists to make me feel like I am doing something productive. Nothing will actually speed up the process. Not Senators, advocates, or us.

Now on to happy news:

We've officially been waiting for TA for one week! Wahoo! I know the waiting will get harder with each passing day, but this is the last thing we wait for. After we receive our TA our agency schedules our consulate appointment and we book our plane tickets.

While we were in New York, I sold a painting! That money will go directly to LilyBeth's adoption fund. If you want to see my paintings, hop over to my facebook page, Sharon Ward Acrylics, and take a look. I really love painting people, mostly African. I find a peace in their stoic faces that is so beautiful. I am participating in an art festival on August 27th here in Portland, Maine, and am working, my tail off to get enough paintings for the show.

Something else happened in New York: Josh was able to meet his biological sister. She was born this past February and is adorable. Here they are at that very first meeting:

No comments:

Post a Comment