Thursday, May 26, 2011

Off to New York!

I can take a break from worrying about our TA for a few days because we will be in New York for the long weekend. Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house is loads of fun for the kids. Eight acres of fun farmland with trees to climb, ponds to play in, and horses to feed makes for a fun weekend. The drive out is a little crazy but we have fun once we get there.

I was sad to read a blog about a family who has been waiting for their TA for 6 weeks! Bummer, I'm really praying ours comes fast! Our agency said they would request an expedited TA because of Lily's medical needs, but because it's not an "urgent" medical need we will probably end up waiting the normal time.

What is the normal wait time for a TA? I have no idea! I have read blogs where the TA is taking 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, now six weeks, and one that was issued the same day as the Article 5! While the Chinese adoption process is very predictable, there are things that are unpredictable--like the TA. Ugh! I will simply go crazy if I have to wait 6 weeks! That would mean we don't travel until July or August! I know it's not in my hands, cuz if it was Lily would have been home 9 months ago!, but I still my TA in June, by the 13th would be great (for all you CCCWA people who happen to be reading this.)

Pray for us this weekend as we make the decision about whether or not to apply for a loan to complete the adoption. (*Thank you very much IRS for holding our refund--mucho sarcasm here.)

Anyway, have a great weekend and don't think adoption.

1 comment:

  1. IF you have to apply for a loan do you know of any no interest companies? I remember there are some adoption groups, that offer no interest - that would be the best bet IF you have to apply for a loan. Let me know if you need help researching - we might be in the same boat, we have our 3rd payment due in 2 weeks, and haven't paid our 2nd payment yet, and don't want to stall our process.....

    ReplyDelete