Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some of the Details

Yesterday I was beside myself waiting for TA. I knew that if we didn't have it by end of business Monday, we would have to wait until the end of July to travel. I've been following the Rumor Queen for a couple of weeks now very close. So when I saw that some families were getting TA's yesterday I couldn't bear to wait any longer and called our agency. The agency said the mail had already come and our TA was not in the mail. I was so bummed and didn't know how I could possibly wait two more days. Then I got an email from our agency caseworker that went something like this:

"Sharon, you have only been waiting for TA for two weeks. We do not like to contact CCCWA about statuses until you have been waiting four weeks. Since we have already checked once for you, it would be inappropriate to bother them again so soon." Major bummer! I thanked her for getting back to me and then sat on the couch to have a pity party. Mike was fine with the news and "encouraged me" not to be like Jonah but to accept it willingly. Pfft! As if I could rejoice in this news! I know that's what God wanted me to do, but I just couldn't right then. So I did what I needed to do--went out and bought chocolate ice cream with crunch coat. That helped a lot.

Then I went outside with the kids and tried to get over it. Then I got an email from my agency in response to my thank you email. It said:

Guess what, your TA just came in! We will request the consulate appointment for you. You will make it to the end of June travel if we get the consulate appointment. The plan is to have you arrive province (Beijing) on June 26th, I will try to request consulate appointment for you on July 5, otherwise we will try for 6th or 7th for the next option.

Then I jumped up from my beach chair and ran into the house! I tore up the stairs and burst into the bedroom. I was screaming and jumping up and down like a mad woman!! Mike looked at me and clearly was confused, then he said, "Oh, we got it" all calm. WHAT?! That's your reaction? Are you CRAZY? We are going to China to get our baby girl!!!!!

After that I was so full of energy I decided to mow the lawn with the push mower. About 3/4 through the mower kicked up something hidden in our jungle, otherwise known as the lawn, and shot the projectile through the side of our pool! When I saw the fountain erupting from the side my thoughts almost shifted from TA to the pool, but not fast enough. I ended up spending the rest of the evening looking for underwater patch kits! I can't leave the kids for two weeks in Summer without the pool.

That's our story. I will post more next week when we have a confirmed CA and I can buy plane tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment